[Serusers] Location table issues

Michael Shuler mike at bwsys.net
Sun Sep 26 20:56:41 CEST 2004

I figured that's what people would say :( thanks though.

I thought of that but the problem is that it takes up to the max time of my
longest REGISTER client timer before its back in sync with the one that runs
off the DB.  It would be nice if there was a 3rd option i.e.
modparam("usrloc", "db_mode", 3) that would make it read only at startup to
"seed" the memory database.  The reason I need this is because I have a few
SER servers behind a Foundry ServerIron XL layer 4 switch.  When I bring the
failed server back online the Foundry automatically recognizes that port
5060 is alive again and immediately starts sending it traffic.  If the RAM
based location table hasn't been fully populated by the time this happens
then we have a bunch of failed calls until it syncs up which in my case is
up to 5 min.  I can get around this manually by removing it from the cluster
config in the Foundry but that takes away from the automation of the whole
thing.

Andrei/Jiri, what do you guys think of adding that as an option?  It seems
to me that it would be the most logical way to go about doing it and should
be very easy to do since all it is combining parts of mode 0 and 1/2.  I
have little experience doing any programming in SER otherwise I would just
write it and submit it as a patch.  Most of my time gets sucked up into
Asterisk patches (see http://svn.asteriskdocs.org/res_data/ for MySQL
dynamic config files, this is a must for carriers... Well at least for me :)
), but if you 2 don't have time or don't think its worth while then I guess
I will have find time.  Please let me know what you guys think of this as
soon as you get a chance.

Michael Shuler, C.E.O.
BitWise Communications, Inc. (CLEC) And BitWise Systems, Inc. (ISP)
682 High Point Lane
East Peoria, IL 61611
Office: (217) 585-0357
Cell: (309) 657-6365