[Serusers] HELP - lookup("aliases") not working

Zeus Ng zeus.ng at isquare.com.au
Sat Sep 25 04:18:59 CEST 2004

Your AOR for aliases does not contain the domain part whereas the AOR for
location does. A dirty fix would be stop ser, login to mysql and update that
record with domain part in the aliases table and restart ser.

        +-------------+---------------------+------------------------+
        | username    | domain              | contact                |
        +-------------+---------------------+------------------------+
        | 2025551234  |mycompany.com        | sip:1000 at mycompany.com |

Normally, ser will insert the domain part into aliases table. Not sure how
you get a record without domain. It would be interested to see if this is a
bug with the CVS head. Could you do the following and send in the output.

# export SIP_DOMAIN=mycompany.com
# serctl alias add 1234567 someone at mycompany.com
# serctl alias show

mysql> select username, domain, contact from aliases where
username='1234567';

Zeus