[Serusers] Header and To changing.

TSS Support support at tss.net
Fri Sep 24 18:13:17 CEST 2004

From: "Jiri Kuthan" <jiri at iptel.org>
> Then the provider is using VERY questionnable policy and ought to look
> only
> at request-uri.
> * is a B2BUA -- it does not rewrite, it generates everything on its own.
> I personally think B2BUA is in most cases very suboptimal technology.
> Scalability is an example, even if it does not matter in baby-sized
> setups.
> B2BUa security model is questionnable too.

See, this is the problem. The provider is Level3. We are trying to use their
Enhanced Local service rather than provide all of the toll calling over our
trunks. They insist that there must be e.164 formatted addresses in all
header fields: From, To, and Request-URI. The first and last are easy. It
seems the only solution to fix the middle one is to add a B2BUA or go in and
patch SER. We don't want to add another point of failure, so it's likely
we'll end up adding t_relay_to_level3() or something like that.

-Keith, TSS