[Serusers] help with asterisk and SER

red orbit redorbit01 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 17 22:08:11 CEST 2004

In using SER as proxy and asterisk as the PBX, do we
need to define anything in either of these two to make
asterisk send a response back to the SIP clients
behind the proxy? We have a defined dialplan in
extensions.conf in asterisk for recognizing dialed
digits of 911 and play a recorded message, but I do
not see any response from asterisk to the INVITE.
Our softphone is X-lite and we are making it dial 911
which should be forwarded blindly to a preset port on
asterisk via SER. This portion of the call works fine.
But when the INVITE reaches asterisk, it does nothing.
So, I wanted to know if asterisk needs to know about
the SER or the X-lite user for accepting and
processing the call besides the 911 dialplan
definition which is defined as follows:
exten => 911,1,Ringing
exten => 911,2,Wait,30
exten => 911,3,VoicemailMain