[Serusers] SER + Asterisk + MWI

Andreas Granig a.granig at inode.at
Thu Sep 16 10:40:28 CEST 2004

Java Rockx wrote:
> I assume that asterisk would have to send the SIP NOTIFY message to the
> registered  SIP clients via ser. So will I have to create a custom Asterisk and
> ser modules to get this to work?

Asterisk sends NOTIFY only to UACs that are registered at the Asterisk.
If you just forward voicemail calls to Asterisk and the UACs are
registered at SER, you have to use the 'externnotify'-option in
voicemail.conf of Asterisk. We use a script wrapped around sipsak to
turn on/off MWI by sending proper NOTIFY messages.