[Serusers] PA module status

Jamey Hicks jamey.hicks at hp.com
Wed Sep 15 15:38:52 CEST 2004

Sean Boran wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I read your status report on PA with great interest, as I'm trying to debug
>presence problems with Windows Messenger 5. All my test users have WM 5 and
>directly logon onto ser, i.e. no jabber gateway or other clients.
>
>If I start off with two users, and each login, they can see each other. If
>one logs off, the second notices. If the first logs back on again, it *does
>not* notice (often it does notice later). I've also had situations where a
>user has logged off, but not all WM clients have noticed.

It sounds like PA is neglecting to send a NOTIFY when the first
re-registers but is probably sending the NOTIFY when the second
re-subscribes.  There are quite a few places in the usrloc code where it
invokes the PA callback to indicate a change in state.  My guess is that
one of them is missing or incorrect.  Are you using recent code from CVS?

Jamey