[Serusers] PA module status

Sean Boran sean at boran.com
Wed Sep 15 15:46:30 CEST 2004

Hi,

I read your status report on PA with great interest, as I'm trying to debug
presence problems with Windows Messenger 5. All my test users have WM 5 and
directly logon onto ser, i.e. no jabber gateway or other clients.

If I start off with two users, and each login, they can see each other. If
one logs off, the second notices. If the first logs back on again, it *does
not* notice (often it does notice later). I've also had situations where a
user has logged off, but not all WM clients have noticed.

I have searched through all available Ser online docs, and googled
"serusers" (there is no searchable archive online I think?).. and finding
detailed info on WMs behaviour is not easy.
It works most of the time, I have the feeling its almost there..

I've tried following NOTIFY/SUBSCRIBE and they would seem to come when
expected...

Could you tell me what the status is regarding pure WM5 presence? Am I
banging my head on a wall here or is there hope/workarounds? :-)

Thanks in advance,

Sean Boran