[Serusers] Please help : how to disable losse routing ???

Martin Koenig [toplink-plannet GmbH] martin.koenig at toplink-plannet.de
Wed Sep 8 22:42:33 CEST 2004

Hi,

this is not an SER problem. Loose routing is basically done in the end
devices. All you can control on the server is whether the server should be
in the signalling proxy chain (record_route()) and whether you want to
process route-header-fields (loose_route()) or forward to the final
destinanation directly (t_relay() without loose_route()).

As loose routing is the standard routing procedure as defined in RFC3261,
strict routing is obsolete.

With strict routing, you will get a lot of problems for the reverse
signalling from the target to the source, because you will not have
sufficient routing information in most cases.

Regards,
Martin