[Serusers] Domain and To header fields

Martin Koenig [toplink-plannet GmbH] martin.koenig at toplink-plannet.de
Wed Sep 8 17:19:00 CEST 2004

Hi all,

> At 03:33 PM 9/7/2004, Martin Koenig wrote:
>>Hi List,
>>
>>I have a multi domain ser setup with the domain module operating, and I
>>need
>>to check whether the TO header field contains a local domain or not.
>
> I don't know if there is any real meaningful use for it, since To is
> informative
> only. In scenarios with multidomain forwarding, it has no affinity to the
> domain
> you serve. If you nevertheless think it helps you, then rewriting
> is_from_local
> is I guess the fastest way forward for you.

A call to the PSTN will have To: 012345 at localdomain

A call to IPTEL will have To: 012345 at remotedomain

That is the main difference. As defined for loose routing, the Request-URI
of lets say an ACK will be 012345 at finaldestination, so this is a remote
domain in all cases and cannot be checked.
PSTN-calls need to be processed because we support multiple prefixes based
on the user's group.

So yes, we will try to go with the rewrite of is_from_local()