[Serusers] Domain and To header fields

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Wed Sep 8 00:50:55 CEST 2004

At 03:33 PM 9/7/2004, Martin Koenig wrote:
>Hi List,
>
>I have a multi domain ser setup with the domain module operating, and I need
>to check whether the TO header field contains a local domain or not.

I don't know if there is any real meaningful use for it, since To is informative
only. In scenarios with multidomain forwarding, it has no affinity to the domain
you serve. If you nevertheless think it helps you, then rewriting is_from_local
is I guess the fastest way forward for you.

>Can this be done with is_domain_local()? If yes how?
>
>Or do i need to write a new function based on is_from_local() to achieve
>such a goal.
>
>The Problem is that there is no possiblity to distinguish between our user
>calling 012345 at iptel.org (Remote SIP desination) or 012345 at domain.com (PSTN
>target) after (!) the initial INVITE, especially with loose routing. This is
>important because Request-URIs to the PSTN have to be transformed (add f.e.
>+49), but requests to other sip destinations have to not be touched.

As said, it is fairly diffucult to recognize relationship to domain for
subsequent requests unless the initial domain is piggybacked someway.