[Serusers] Configuration item "User-Password" is required for authentication

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Sat Sep 4 11:18:05 CEST 2004

On 03-09 15:05, Darren Bentley wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've followed the radius guide and I'm now at the point where I'm trying
> to register a Grandstream BT-100 phone.
>
> I'm getting this message in the radius log file:
>
> Fri Sep  3 15:03:37 2004 : Auth: rlm_digest: Configuration item
> "User-Password" is required for authentication.
>
> I don't see "User-Password" in the dictionary file? Did I miss
> something? I haven't noticed anyone else having this problem so I'm a
> little confused to what I could have missed.

  The attribute should be present in users file, see the RADIUS howto:

  3.1.4. File users

  This file contains authentication information for each user. For testing
  purposes we will create user "test". Put the following into the file:

  test Auth-Type := Digest, User-Password == "test"
     Reply-Message = "Hello, test with digest"

  The username and password is for testing only, you can safely remove the
  entry once your RADIUS server works and you are able to authenticate.

    Jan.