[Serusers] Problems running CVS STABLE

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Wed Sep 1 19:45:32 CEST 2004

On Aug 30, 2004 at 15:39, Markos Vakondios <mvak at intracom.gr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I downloaded the stable cvs versions a couple of days ago but I haven't
> been able to make run yet. I have compiled with both bison and yacc as it
> mentioned in a previous post but no luck, even in different PCs.
> I am running SuSE 9, SER compiles with warnings about .d files all along
> but the build succeeds. Nevertheless, when I try to start it I get the
> following output:

The *.d files warning are normal: the first time you compile there are no
dependecies built. Next time you compile you shouldn't get anymore *.d
warnings.

[...]
>  0(2363) DEBUG: register_fifo_cmd: new command (arg) registered
>  0(2363) DEBUG: register_fifo_cmd: new command (which) registered
>  0(2363) DEBUG: register_fifo_cmd: new command (ps) registered
>  0(2363) DEBUG: register_fifo_cmd: new command (kill) registered
> debug=1
>  0(2363) parse error (1,3-5): parse error
This means parse error on line 1, columns 3-5.
> fk=
> log_stderr=
> check_via=
> dns=
> rev_dns=

This is really strange: ser never prints its config file.

[...]
> ERROR: bad config file (1 errors)
>  0(2363) shm_mem_destroy
>  0(2363) destroying the shared memory lock
>
> Why does it output the config file?And why is it corrupted? Please help...

How do you start ser? Could you send the config file?

Andrei