[Serusers] Failover PSTN Gateways

Gerhard Zweimueller Gerhard.Zweimueller at infotech.at
Wed Sep 1 14:47:56 CEST 2004

Hi list,

We have a setup with 2 redundant stateful SER SIP-Servers with
accounting.

For calls to the PSTN we have 2 ISDN-PRI gateways connected to
different ISDN-PRI lines.

We need to implement a dynamic failover mechanism and load balancing.

a) Incoming calls: No problem, the PSTN switch takes care of that
b) Outgoing calls:
  Both GWs are registered at both SERs; calls are usually relayed with
"t_relay_to_udp(x.x.x.x, "5060");"
  But how can I implement a quick failover including load-distribution
between those gatways?
  I.e. if I receive "busy here" or no response after a short period
after the "invite", the call should be redirected to the other GW.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards,
Gerhard

Dieses Mail wurde vom Infotech SecureMail Service ueberprueft und fuer sicher befunden.
Fuer weitere Informationen zu Infotech SecureMail Service waehlen Sie bitte: www.infotech.at/securemail/

This email has been scanned by Infotech SecureMail Service and it has been classified as secure.
For more information on Infotech SecureMail direct your web browser to: www.infotech.at/securemail/