[Serusers] Manipulate wrong REGISTER URIs from UAs

Alex Mack amack at fhm.edu
Thu Oct 28 12:05:13 CEST 2004

Hi Marian!

I didn't know such an parameter for usrloc even existed, it wasn't
mentioned in the (rather old) documentation.
I'm currently using 0.8.99-dev10 and found a "use_domain" parameter for
module "usrloc" in the sources. There was a parameter "use_domain" for
module "registrar" mentioned in the manuals too, but ser complains that
"registrar" doesn't have such a parameter.

But "modparam("usrloc", "use_domain", 1)" didn't do the desired effect.
Calls still not work from SIP-phone to SIP-phone.
"serctl ul show" shows only those "aor"s:

aor   : '31 at 100.100.100.100'
aor   : '32 at 100.100.100.100'
aor   : '30 at mydomain.org'

(IPs and names changed accordingly to the example below)

The X-Lite UA also has problems reaching one of the hard-phones by
dialing the two-digit number (e.g. "31", generating an INVITE to
"sip:31 at mydomain.org"). Only when the IP of the ser is added, the call
comes through (e.g. dialling "31 at 100.100.100.100", giving an INVITE:
"sip:31 at 100.100.100.100")

Best regards,
Alex Mack