[Serusers] SIP / H323 connectivity

Joao Pereira joao.pereira at fccn.pt
Thu Oct 21 16:54:40 CEST 2004

Hello
I want to have a server that supports SIP and H.323 endpoints calling eachother, so I installed GNUGK, SER and Asterisk.
GnuGK is needed for H.323 endpoints and users Accounting, Authentication and Authorization.
SER is needed for the same 3 A's but for SIP users.
Asterisk has some good funcionalities like voicemail, call holding and PSTN connection, supports SIP and H.323, but its not a realy gatekeeper and a realy SIP server.

Now,
Who is going to accept the SIP calls, Asterisk ou SER?
Who is going to redirect calls to PSTN? Asterisk or SER?
In the H.323->SIP calls, who should the gnugk contact? Asterisk or SER?

If someone is using a similar network, please give me a little help.

Thanks

Joao Pereira