[Serusers] custom redirect method

Gandhi, Jignesh Jignesh.Gandhi at Glenayre.com
Thu Oct 21 00:28:10 CEST 2004

Hello,

I would like to do the following.

an INVITE msg need to be redirected to an available server.
So when I get an INVITE, SER will respond with "Temporarily moved" and
will provide the IP of the available destination.

To be able to obtain this info, I have written a module that
has an exported function that I can call from within the .cfg
file. This function communicates with a TCP server and obtains
the IP address of the next available destination. The TCP server maintains
the status and load balance info of all the available destinations.

I know that I can use rewritehost cmd from within the .cfg file and
change the host IP and then call sl_reply() to redirect the INVITE.

How do I change the IP info from within the function that I have written

Hopefully I am making sense here.

thanks,
Jignesh Gandhi