[Serusers] serctl restart

Siphiwo Dzingwe siphiwo at megaserve.net
Wed Oct 20 12:58:05 CEST 2004

I have just downloaded ser-0.8.14_linux_i386.tar and unziped it...

when i run the serctl start i get the error

Starting SER : cat: /var/run/ser.pid: No such file or directory
started pid()

when i type "ser" on the command line i get :

ERROR: bad config file (1 errors)

and when i search for the ser.cfg i find that there is more than one
copy if this file...which on of these does the sertctl and/or ser read?
there is:

/usr/local/etc/ser/ser.cfg
/usr/local/etc/ser.cfg

and since i ran  the command 'tar -xvf ser-0.8.18_linux_i386.tar' from
the root directory there is now a 'usr' directory in my root directory.
therefore there is also a
/root/local/etc/ser/ser.cfg and
/root/local/etc/ser.cfg

files

which one of these files is used when i run ser and/or serctl start ser?