[Serusers] Avoiding storing passwords in mysql "subscriber" tablein clear-text

Steve Blair blairs at isc.upenn.edu
Fri Oct 15 14:36:26 CEST 2004

Karl:

  My notes say  "modparam("auth", "calculate_ha1", yes)" will allow
clear text
passwords in the MySQL database. I vaguely remember setting this to
no during a trial. I think, if my memory serves me correctly, that the value
in the password column was encrypted at that point.

  I would recommend you try this for yourself and report back to the
list. It
has been a while since I last tried it and I am currently running with
clear
text passwords.

Thanks,Steve

--