[Serusers] The logging functionality of ser doesn't seem to work.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla Daniel-Constantin.Mierla at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Wed Oct 13 10:14:54 CEST 2004

On 10/12/04 19:30, Franklin, Allen wrote:

>The logging functionality of ser doesn't seem to work.
>I tried changing my ser.cfg file as the Admin's Guide shows,
>"debug=8, log_stderror=yes, fork=no.",

as you set, in this case, the logs are sent to stderror, you should see
the messages in the console you started seer -- use debug=9,
log_stderror=no, fork=yes and if you have some traffic you will get a
lot of debug messages in syslog.

> then I "tail -f /var/log/messages"
>but I don't see much of interest.
>Problem is I'm not sure what I should see,

lot of debug messages.

> I would like to see every SIP
>message that is passing through ser...

maybe is better to use a network grepping tool (ngrep, tcpdump,
tehthereal) for this, or use xlog() in config file and set debug to a
lower value, unless you want all those debug messages, too.