[Serusers] ser support for instant messaging and presence

Franklin, Allen Allen.Franklin at concerto.com
Tue Oct 12 21:05:02 CEST 2004

The ser Admin's Guide claims that ser supports instant messaging and presence.
Does this mean I can point my Instant Message client to ser and ser will properly
forward MESSAGE messages and
manage REGISTER/SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY so that my buddy lists are properly maintiained?
Do I need a special ser.cfg file for this to work?
I don't see any mention of SUBSCRIBE or NOTIFY in any of the sample .cfg files in the
examples directory in the ser distribution.