[Serusers] Can't Get Radius Working in SER

Johnny Lum jlum at aebc.com
Wed Oct 13 01:53:23 CEST 2004

Hi, I'm currently running SER 0.8.14, radiusclient 0.4.4, and freeradius 1.0.1 on slackware 10.0.

With the current setup, it works fine if freeradius is on the same machine as SER.  However if I install freeradius on a separate machine, it doesn't work.

When I view the syslogs of the machine where SER + radiusclient is installed it shows:
rc_send_server: no reply from RADIUS server radiusserver.aebc.com:1812

In the setup of /usr/local/etc/radiusclient/servers, I have an entry of the radius server:
209.53.197.101        mysecret

I also have the same in /usr/local/etc/radiusclient/radiusclient.conf
authserver        209.53.197.101
acctserver        209.53.197.101

Thanks

Johnny Lum, Programmer
VoIP, ADSL, Wireless Hot Spots, 56K Roaming, Call Center, Server Hosting
www.aebc.com   Sales: 604.288.1088   Support: 604.279.9078   Fax: 604.207.0155