[Serusers] SIP<--> H.323 translation

Emilio Panighetti emilio at dorial.com
Tue Oct 12 18:26:29 CEST 2004

The two open-source solutions that I know of are CVS versions of Vocal
and Asterisk with an add-on to support H.323.

They both use the OpenH323 stack to do this. H.323 is NOT a friendly
protocol, like most ITU derived protocol, it has many variations and
complex structure, so it depends on what you want to do with H.323.

There are also a handful of good commercial solutions. These are
usually referred as 'Border Session Controllers'. Email me if you need
more info. Those costs several thousands per server.

E.