[Serusers] serweb fifo_relay

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Mon Oct 11 22:03:33 CEST 2004

Java Rockx writes:

 > Can anyone point me in the direction of some docs for setting up serweb on
 > machine A with ser running on machine B?

i don't use serweb and thus can't comment on it, but what you need to do
is to write fifo commands on web server host A to the network, i.e., to
the address and port that fifo relay is listening at B.  that requires a
little socket programming on the web server host.

 > I'm having some difficulties understanding how the fifo_relay is used on the
 > serweb machine.

it is used on the ser proxy host only and the client that talks to it is
on the web server host.

 > Do I simply keep an apache web server running on the ser proxy with only the
 > fifo_relay.php script and my serweb server then communicates to the
 > ser proxy via the apache server?

there is no need to run any web server on the proxy host, just ser and
fifo relay.

 > What modifications, if any, do I need to make to serweb in order to
 > get it to play nice with the fifo_relay?

as i said, i don't know, but i assume that serweb currently writes fifo
commands to the local fifo file and you need to change that code and
make it to write them to the network instead.

-- juha