[Serusers] mediaproxy and diferent UA behind nat

Decebal Topala dectopala at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 09:08:40 CEST 2004

Hi there.

I have sent this message once but i will try one more time.
I am  testing a scenario when tha UA is behind the nat and it is called
from pstn through a cisco pstn access gateway, (from a carrier );
The UA is behind the nat  (a Linksys route or a Linux nat so far only
these have been tested).
     ser /mediaproxy

-------------------------------

nat/ua                     cisco/pstn gate

So far i have tested calls from pstn to DIN assigned to the ua behind
the nat. When i use a grand stream/bt100 the media is not comming and
going to the UA . during the dilaog i run a trafshow utility and
session tool of mediaproxy and it shows that media is comming ftom
cisco/pstn but nothing gets out and nothing commes from bt100/nat.
In the same scenario if i use xpro it works , media gets through..
Wen i call from an bt100 behind the nat to another bt100 behind the nat
it works .. the media gets through
I am beating my head of walls and cannot figure out for more then 1
week. But i am getting experience day by day. I some o one with more
experinece would  point what is wrong i would apprechiate.
Thanks.
PS:
os is fc2/Linux ast 2.6.5-1.358smp #1 SMP

version: ser 0.8.14-2 (i386/linux)
flags: STATS:Off, USE_IPV6, USE_TCP, DISABLE_NAGLE, DNS_IP_HACK,
SHM_MEM, SHM_MMAP, PKG_MALLOC, F_MALLOC, FAST_LOCK-ADAPTIVE_WAIT
ADAPTIVE_WAIT_LOOPS=1024, MAX_RECV_BUFFER_SIZE 262144, MAX_LISTEN 16,
MAX_URI_SIZE 1024, BUF_SIZE 65535
@(#) $Id: main.c,v 1.168.4.3 2004/06/28 15:41:21 andrei Exp $
main.c compiled on 01:45:12 Oct  7 2004 with gcc 3.3

The bt100 i tryed latest and previos firmware the same result.
Thanks again
Decebal