[Serusers] Associate an USERNAME with more than one Phone Number

Nicolas Ruiz nruiz at vivaction.com
Wed Oct 6 13:14:56 CEST 2004

Hi,

For me, you have the DIGEST USERNAME for REGISTRATION (mysql Account with a
password)
And the username "phone number" : for example : FROM sip:123145 at domain.

And I want to do: One Digest USERNAME can make calls with 5 or 6 username
for example or use another Security Authentification.

I have read in Ser Admin's Guide, page 29:

Even it authentication is turned on, there is no relationship between
authentication username and address of
record. That means that for example a user authenticating himself correctly
with "john.doe" id may register
contacts for "gw.bush". Site policy may wish to mandate authentication id to
be equal to username claimed in
To header field. check_to action from auth module can be used to enforce
such a policy.

Because if i dont' use the function "check_from", a customer can make call
with an other Phone Number of an other Customer.
If I use Disget Auth with the function "check_from", only a custmer with
Digest USERNAME == Contact ID can make call >> It's good.

But if I have a PABX with a GW sip who have only one DIGEST USERNAME,the
phones who are behind teh PABX can't make calls because they are stopped by
SER (FUNCTION "check_from",)

Thanks a lot for your help.

NICOLAS RUIZ