[Serusers] REGISTER NAT Failure

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Mon Oct 4 00:06:38 CEST 2004

At 11:32 PM 10/3/2004, Michael Shuler wrote:
>That's what I was looking for except SER seems to not like it as a global
>config option, is it supposed to be an option for a particular module?

its not a global option. it is an action. if you wish to use it all the
time, call it in beginning of your script.

>I do agree that the Via line should show the correct values in it and that
>is true of all of my other NAT'ed clients who sit behind LinkSys, Netgear,
>etc. routers.  However also in RFC3581 shows how symmetric NAT is to work
>and although a client *should* be able to detect its IP/PORT that the NAT
>router will be using for it, it does state that this is not bullet proof and
>the proxy should compensate for it i.e. the force_rport option.  Please let
>me know if I am misunderstanding the RFC.

You are not interpreting it entirely correctly. RFC3581 does not override
RFC2361. Again, using force_rport will break will RFC-3581-unaware clients
that don't happen to be symmetric.

-jiri