[Serusers] NAT troubles

E. Versaevel erik at infopact.nl
Fri Nov 26 16:47:44 CET 2004

On Nov 26, 2004 at 15:42, E. Versaevel <erik at infopact.nl> wrote:
> A bit further,
> I've fired up the xlog module and added a few debug lines, I'm using the
> following peace of config file:
>
> [cut]
> xlog("L_CRIT", "Incomming sip packet\n\t\tTime [%Tf]\n\t\tMethod
> <%rm>\n\t\tr-uri <%ru>\n\t\tTo uri <%tu>\n\t\tSource

[...]
>                                 Contact: <"1234"
> <sip:1234 at 192.168.0.64:5061>>
>  0(29075)                       Rewritten Contact header, it now is:
>                                         <"1234"
> <sip:1234 at 192.168.0.64:5061>>
> [/cut]
>
> As you can see the contact HF is not being rewritten although I did call
the
> fix_contact() function.

The contact will be re-written when the message will be sent (you can't see
the modified version with xlog, you will see it only if you dump the
packet on the wire).

Anyway the contact has nothing to do with the replies going to another
ip. The replies go always to the source ip of the request.  The only
exceptions is if you set reply_to_via to 1, in which case the reply
will go to the host part of the Via header.

Are you sure you are not seeing some unrelated replies, or you have some
 strange DNAT rules on your sip proxy or firewall?

No but there was a reply_to_via in my config at the top :D