[Serusers] multiple ua behind same nat

Marian Dumitru marian.dumitru at voice-sistem.ro
Sun Nov 21 16:36:35 CET 2004

Hi Humberto,

Yes indeed, to avoid any mix up between the devices is recommended to
use different SIP / RTP ports for each device.
If you use nathelper+rtpproxy, you don't need to set any port forwarding
on the NAT box.
And just as a mention: if you have a call between two UACs from behind
the same NAT, proxying the RTP stream is not required any more - let the
media inside the private network.

Best regards,
Marian

Voip Business wrote:
> I think a solution is put diferent LOCAL ports to the 2,3,4....
> devices for example
>
> local port NOT SER PORT
>
> device 1
> sip 5060
> RTP 10000
>
> device 2
> sip 5061
> RTP 11000
>
> device 3
> sip 5062
> RTP 12000
>

> This I have done with a static port forwarding not sure about nathelper.
> List... please give your comments.
>

> regards
>
> Humberto
>

> On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 23:22:02 -0500, S Shah <shah at zynergy.com> wrote:
>

>>My ser server is utilizing nathelper and rtp proxy. I have user agents on
>>two different networks, and each behind their own nat, communicating
>>successfully.
>>

>>I'm having difficulty however having two user agents on the same network
>>behind the same nat communicating with each other. Both user agents register
>>on the SER server. When I call one user agent from the other, a connection
>>is made, but voice cannot be heard. I think rtp proxy is confused. Has
>>anyone implemented this successfully?
>>

>>Thanks in advance.

Voice Sistem
http://www.voice-sistem.ro