[Serusers] Using SER with UAs that do not register

Marian Dumitru marian.dumitru at voice-sistem.ro
Fri Nov 19 15:38:22 CET 2004

Hi Mark,

To be able to reach UA3 - which is not able to register - you can add a
fix diversion for it in your config file. Guiding after the ser.cfg
sample, you should insert in "uri=myself" section, before
"lookup("location")" something like this:
	if (uri=~"sip:UA3@") {
		rewritehostport(ip,port); # this is not really necessary
		t_relay_to_udp(ip,port);
		break;
	}

ip:port is the location of the UA3 which must be fixed.

For calling from UA3, basically you don't need to do anything.

Best regards,
Marian

mark.roddy at lakecommunications.com wrote:
> Hi SER's,
>
> I want to set up a private SIP network over a VPN using SER but some of my
> UAs are only able to operate in peer to peer mode (ie they cannot
> register).  My proposed network architecture is the following:
>

> UA1=192.168.0.4
> UA2=192.168.1.4
> UA3=192.168.2.4
> SER=192.168.0.5
>
> UA1 & UA2 can register with SER but UA3 cannot.
>
> I have already set this up and have successfully made calls between UA1
> &UA2.  How do I set up SER to make calls from either UA1 or UA2 to UA3, or
> calls from UA3 to either UA1 or UA2?
>

> Any help greatly appreciated!
> thx
> Mark

> postmaster at lakecommunications.com
>
> This footnote also confirms that this email message has been
> scanned for the presence of computer viruses.
>
> www.lakecommunications.com

Voice Sistem
http://www.voice-sistem.ro