[Serusers] Cisco 79xx authentication (off-topic to some extent)

Niall O'Reilly niall.oreilly at ucd.ie
Fri Nov 19 12:09:30 CET 2004

Apologies for the extent to which this is off-topic. I've seen related
mails
in the serusers archive, and expect that this community can at worst
tell me
where better to post.

I have a Cisco 7960 on my desk, and can't manage to make it
authenticate to
either the iptel.org SIP server or to an Asterisk system where I'm also
made
welcome.  I'm not seeing problems with X-Lite.

Between Google, serusers archives, and the Cisco docs, I can't see what
it
is that I need to do.

I don't yet have my own SIP server running, so I'm not in a position to
make server-side experiments.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Niall O'Reilly

PGP key ID: AE995ED9 (see www.pgp.net)
Fingerprint: 23DC C6DE 8874 2432 2BE0 3905 7987 E48D AE99 5ED9