[Serusers] Can someone (Jan, Jiri, Andrei, Bodgan, etc, etc) explain this?

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Thu Nov 18 23:01:10 CET 2004

On Nov 18, 2004 at 13:07, Java Rockx <javarockx at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> I'm using dev12 with nathelper and rtpproxy. I'm interfacing with a company that uses Sonus
> equipment to terminate to the PSTN. This company is telling me that SER is not performing to
> RFC3261 because ACK messages are not including any "Route:" headers as stated in section 12.1.2.
>
> Following is an email I recieved from their network engineers. Attached is also a partial
> conversation between my SER proxy and their Sonus box. The actual problem is that Sonus
> disconnects the call after a few seconds because of this ACK routing issue.

What's happening is you use as an alias the SONUS ip. This means ser
will believe that the SONUS ip is his own. Because of this it will think
the ACK uri ( user at sonus_ip) was a result of a strict router and will
try to recover from the previous strict router. You can see the
result :-)
So remove alias=sonus_ip from your config. ser behaves as in RFC3261,
it was just a little configuration error.

BTW: in you onreply_route, use fix_nated_contact only for replies for
which nat_uac_test("1") is true and not for all replies to nated
requests (important if you run into an asymmetric UA).

Andrei