[Serusers] inbound pstn

Ranga rangarao.v at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 08:38:37 CET 2004

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 16:36:23 +0000, Iqbal Gandham <iqbal at gigo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Not sure if this one is for asterisk or ser, but here goes, I have ser
> front ending asterisk, and all calls except sip-->sip go via asterisk,
> which then connects to a cisco box.

I dont think you will need a ser-asterisk combo for this kind of
requiremnt. Either of them is sufficient. As long as you dont have any
other protocol interface than SIP, I suggest to use ser.

> Now I want to do inbound from pstn,
> is is better to go again via ser, and then route either to sip device or
> to alternate pstn number via asterisk, or push directly into asterisk, I
> think the former...ay suggestions, or config examples, did find on wiki

As I mentioned earlier, you can use just ser for this. I suggest you
to route calls to ser and ser relays them to sip devices.