[Serusers] how to config SER as registrar?

Christian Harrer christian.harrer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 14:10:22 CET 2004

Hello!

I installed SER on a SuSE 8.2 machine. For storing contact information
I'm using mysql, like it was proposed in
http://www.iptel.org/ser/doc/ser-howto/ser-Howto.html.
For the clients i use kphone. Things work out, if i register the
clients. Registration willbe active on both clients and i also can
send (text) messages from client A to B an vv.
But troubles start, when I try to call the other client. The callee
starts ringing, but nothing happens when i pick up.
I realised, that if I execute serctl ( serctl ul show )
nobody seems to be online:

green:~ # serctl ul show
Dumping all contacts may take long: are you sure you want to proceed? [Y|N] Y
===Domain list===