[Serusers] SER and IC-RADIUS

Lucas Aimaretto lucas at cyneric.com
Wed Nov 17 21:27:03 CET 2004

> > >try to include both dictionary.ser (from SER) and dictionary.sip
> > >(from radiusclient) on ICRADIUS dictionary
>
> > I did, but nothing new happened ...
>
> I forget to say, add them to /etc/radiusclient/dictionary,
> too. both ICRADIUS and radiusclient needs to point to the
> same dictionary file content!

Both of them have dictionary.sip and dictionary.ser
(/etc/radiusclient/dictionary and my ICRadius dictionary). But, you
know, ICRadius has its dictionary in a mysql database. Will it have
something to do with everything ?? But, both dictionaries are just the
same.

> > It just makes no sense ... Why would some attributes be
> > recognized and
> > some others not. It is not logical, as they are all (the
> > attributes)
> > taken from the same files (dictionary.sip and dictionary.ser).
>
> check if /etc/radiusclient/radiusclient.conf points
> to the correct dictionary you're using

Yes it does.

> > Is there any special configuration needed for the ser.cfg
> > or for the
> > radiusclient.conf ? The radius.conf file of my icradius has
> > little to touch ... Any ideas ??
>
> perhaps your SER is (like mine) pointing to
> /usr/local/etc/radiusclient/ and you're tweaking /etc/radiusclient/ ?

[root at radius]# ls -l /etc/radiusclient/dictionary
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root /etc/radiusclient/dictionary ->
/usr/local/etc/radiusclient/dictionary

Is this what you meant ???

By the way ... I mak a call but did not see the called-station-Id nor
the calling-station-Id, any ideas ?? But the call could just be placed,
cause, 1st authentication takes place ... I mean, the User making the
call exists and so I get an access-accept from radius. Then ser places
de call, but I do not see the 2nd authentication taking place ... Does
this happen to you ??

> []s, !3runo

Lucas

---