[Serusers] Small bug in dictionary.ser / RADIUS enabled acc module

Bruno Lopes F. Cabral bruno at openline.com.br
Wed Nov 17 11:26:49 CET 2004

Hi there

I'm trying the acc module with RADIUS support (SER 0.8.14)
and found a small bug. my apologise if it is already known
or fixed on current CVS

this module seems to use modules/acc/etc/sip_dictionary
which has one attribute that is not present on
ser/dictionary.ser

VALUE           Acct-Status-Type        Failed                  15

modules/acc/etc/sip_dictionary seems to unify
dictionary.ser and radiusclient/dictionary.sip (*)

without the Failed value present on radiusclient/dictionary,
SER couldn't initialize with the following error

# ser -ddd -E -P /var/run/ser.pid
[...]
  0(17650) ERROR: acc: can't get code for the Failed attribute value
  0(17650) init_mod(): Error while initializing module acc
ERROR: error while initializing modules
[...]

to trigger the bug, edit modules/acc/Makefile and
uncomment the following lines

# uncomment the next two lines if you wish to enable RADIUS accounting
DEFS+=-DRAD_ACC -I$(LOCALBASE)/include
LIBS=-L$(LOCALBASE)/lib -lradiusclient

recompile SER and run it with the following in ser.cfg

--- start ---
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modules/tm.so"
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modules/auth.so"
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modules/auth_radius.so"
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modules/acc.so"

modparam("acc", "radius_config", "/etc/radiusclient/radiusclient.conf")
modparam("acc", "radius_flag", 1)
modparam("acc", "radius_missed_flag", 1)

Cheers
!3runo

(*) side note: the RADIUS instructions at iptel.org tells to
cat dictionary.ser >> radiusclient/dictionary
to be able to use RADIUS with SER. I found that
cat radiusclient/dictionary.sip >> radiusclient/dictionary
is also necessary (at least with libradiusclient 0.4.5).
this doesn't seem to be documented anywhere I could find