[Serusers] SER and IC-RADIUS

Bruno Lopes F. Cabral bruno at openline.com.br
Tue Nov 16 21:19:05 CET 2004

Hi

I'm playing with this right now, so I'll try to comment a bit

Lucas Aimaretto wrote:
> ... And this is the radclient OUTPUT ...
>
> Received response ID 86, code 2, length = 52
>         Vendor-9-Attr-102 =
> 0x683332332d6372656469742d616d6f756e743d31392e3030

the correct response should be

Login OK: [test] (from client localhost port 0)
Sending Access-Accept of id 188 to 127.0.0.1:32769
         Reply-Message = "Hello, test with digest"

if I recall correctly, IC-RADIUS is based on Cistron
RADIUS. Cistron RADIUS don't have digest auth support,
and it seems never will. Cistron's author recommend
to use FreeRADIUS instead, which has the Digest
support and correctly give the result shown above

so... I drop my Cistron RADIUS and installed FreeRADIUS
to see how it behave on my test server

> Questions:
>
> 1) Although I sent to radius diferent ATTRIBUTES, RADIUS recognized all
> of them (except for one, Digest-Response) as Digest-Attributes. Why is
> that?

may be because IC-RADIUS doesn't have digest support?

> 2) All of the values sent to RADIUS, for each attribute, are different
> from the ones originally sent. For example ...
>
> 	sent: 	Digest-Method = "INVITE"
> 	received:	Digest-Attributes = "\003\010INVITE"
>
> 	So you see the "\003\010" chars in front of the string "INVITE"
> ... Why is that?

I also noticed that with FreeRADIUS. no clue on this one

> Well, I hope you can clarify some (better if all of them ;-) )
 > of my doubts.

one thing I could not find was an example ser.cfg that logs
the calls via RADIUS. All posts I found tend to guide to

http://www.iptel.org/ser/doc/modules/html/acc.html

but I'm far new to SER to be able to convert the man page
on a working example ;-)

I'm using pretty much the etc/nathelper.cfg example config
on my tests.

hope this helps

Cheers
!3runo