[Serusers] FW: [Sip-implementors] Whitespace after value in SIP header field

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Tue Nov 16 14:07:54 CET 2004

If I remember it correctly this was considered a bug in the specification.
Unfortunately I cannot check it right now because the bugzilla that keeps
track of RFC3261 bugs seems to be down:

http://www.softarmor.com/sipwg/

I will check it later when it is back online.

My personal opinion is that a reasonable implementation should be
benevolent and handle such cases even if it is not allowed in the
grammar. The grammar in RFC3261 is known to be ambiguous and contains
bugs.

  Jan.