[Serusers] Authentication failure (was:problem running ser in the foreground)

daryl daryl at weblane.com
Sat Nov 13 18:35:17 CET 2004

thank you girish and mirian for your replies. indeed i now have ser
running in the foreground. i am however having difficulties with
authentication and registration. i am able to register via sipsak
on the same machine running ser. i am also able to register
using sipsak from my another (home) network (which is behind
a nat'd firewall) if i use the -H option and explicitly set the hostname.
however i am unable to register using iether kphone or sjphone.

my ser.conf looks like this:

loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/mysql.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/sl.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/tm.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/rr.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/maxfwd.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/usrloc.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/registrar.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/auth.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/auth_db.so"

modparam("usrloc", "db_mode", 2)
modparam("auth_db", "calculate_ha1", yes)
modparam("auth_db", "password_column", "password")
modparam("auth_db", "password_column_2", "ha1b")
modparam("rr", "enable_full_lr", 1)

any help, hints or rtfm's would be appreciated...

thanks,

daryl