[Serusers] SER Proxy auth

E. Versaevel erik at infopact.nl
Fri Nov 12 15:03:46 CET 2004

Hello,

I'm currently trying to setup a SIP environment for VoIP calling for my
final school project, so I'm just working with VoIP/SIP for 2 weeks.

I'm using SER as a SIP proxy server, but the carrier/gateway I am using for
calling to/from PSTN is requiring me to register at their server and
authorize outgoing calls, which is something SER won't do. So I got the idea
to use asterisk between the PSTN carrier and SER for the authorization,
since Asterisk can register and auth itself.

       SER               Asterisk             Carrier
					<-- auth stuff -->
	  <--  sip relay  -->

Has anyone here ever tried a similar setup or is this an impossibility ?

Kind regards,

E. Versaevel