[Serusers] Forking proxy ?

Girish gr_sh2003 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 12 06:17:25 CET 2004

Hello,

--- Elena Ramona Modroiu <ramona at voice-system.ro> wrote:

> >I guess it will make processing faster, in case the records
> >are taken from DB or they are set using a custom-built module. Am i correct?
> >

> yes, but as I said above you can set them also directly in the config file.

Yes, I understand.

> >The document says that "There are no limitations", but in your mail you have stated that "some
> serial forking can be implemented". Can you explain that a bit?
> >

> The "no limitations" statement is about the way of setting or resetting
> the destination set. I said "some serial forking" because, for example,
> it doesn't support explicitly priorities for destination addresses (from
> database the records are loaded in the order returned by a query after
> the name).

OK. So if I have a module function 'set_fork_list()' as given in the doc, which gets the fork list
 may be with an sql query - something like this:

SELECT uri_to_branch, priority FROM fork_list WHERE actual_uri = 'abc at xyz.com' ORDER BY priority
DESC;

Will that overcome the limitation? I assume that DESC is required since the AVP list is arranged
backwards. Right?

> "salutari" is the Romanian word for "regards". You can check it at
> www.dictionare.com .

Thanks for this.

> Salutari :),
> Ramona