[Serusers] stateless/statefull processing and INVITE method retransmissions

Michael Kaufmann mkaufmannn at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 11 15:59:43 CET 2004

Hi,

Ser is pretty new to me (about 3 weeks of reading about it and working with
it), so naturally I have some questions:  (attached - the configuration file
I use)

I saw many examples of configuration files were both SL and TM modules are
loaded.
In such cases is SL loaded only for REGISTER requests?
How can I control which of SER actions are handled with TM and which are
handled with SL?
Is there a way of hooking SER answers to requests without TM?

As I understand from this mail archive - INVITE is a special case in SER and
even though the client doesn't retramit such requests, SER does. Is there a
way to avoid this retransmission? Is there a way to control the interval
time between one retransmission to another?

It seems that sometimes these retransmissions occure even after the ACK is
returned...
Another starnge this is that my clients are on the same domain as the one
SER is on and still record_route() seems to add many non usefull header
lines for such INVITE messages.

Is it a problem with my configuration file?

Thanks in advance,

Micky

http://search.msn.com/