[Serusers] Forking proxy ?

Girish gr_sh2003 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 11 15:47:45 CET 2004

Hello,

--- Elena Ramona Modroiu <ramona at voice-system.ro> wrote:
> Hello,
> some serial forking can be implemented using the AVPOPS module with CVS
> head SER version. Take a look at the example from
> http://www.voice-system.ro/docs/avpops/ar01s08.html#ex_serial_forking
>
> It may help you.

Thanks for this info. I read only the serial forking section. A few questions...

>From the code snippet given in the above mentioned doc, i can see that the different addresses can
be set for forking initially. But it again uses failure routes. We implement serial forking using
the existing failure routing mechanisms. Is there any advantage of using this new approach apart
from setting the initial fork list? I guess it will make processing faster, in case the records
are taken from DB or they are set using a custom-built module. Am i correct?

The document says that "There are no limitations", but in your mail you have stated that "some
serial forking can be implemented". Can you explain that a bit?

Then, pardon me for my ignorance... but what is 'Salutari' ??

> Salutari,
> Ramona

Regards,

=====