[Serusers] Forking proxy ?

Girish gr_sh2003 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 11 15:05:52 CET 2004

Hello,

--- "G. P." <pagomen2001 at yahoo.gr> wrote:

> Hi Girish, All
>
>  ser’s request processing language allows to
> make   request decisions based on current URI. When
>  a request if forked to multiple destinations, only
> the  first branch’s URI is used as input for
> script
>  processing. This might lead to unexpected results.

We are using append_branch for parallel forking. Sometimes we fork calls to a maximum of 6 phones,
which includes IP phones as well as PSTN phones. We are dynamically adding branches, which are
fetched from database. A module is written for this, and the script just relays the call.

> For example, a URI might resolve to an
> IP phone SIP address and PSTN gateway
> SIP address. If the IP phone address is the first,
> then script execution ignores the second branch.

Can anyone explain more about this? I am curious about this because we are forking calls to both
PSTN gateways and IP phones. We got both PSTN and IP phones ringing at the same time and haven't
faced any issues so far with this.

> Doent this limination affect's the append_branch
> workaround ?

AFAIK, append_branch is the only mechanism SER provides for parallel forking. As i said, we
haven't faced any problems with this approach.

Regards,

=====
Girish Gopinath  <gr_sh2003 at yahoo.com>