[Serusers] SER parallel forking

Peter Gradwell peter at gradwell.com
Tue May 25 15:19:31 CEST 2004

Hi Daniel

At 11:51 20/05/2004, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>Hello,
>you can add a permanent contact (you can use 'serctl ul
>add ...') for each user to asterisk and SER will automatically fork.

Basically SER is passing the call to the phone, letting it ring for a
while, THEN passing the call to ser<user>@asterisk.  I think it should
be parallel forking, since as per the suggestion received, there are two
locations for the user in question:

root at grey:../local/etc/ser# serctl ul show 1000302 at ser.gradwell.net
<sip:1000302 at 81.174.236.230:5060>;q=0.00;expires=52
<sip:ser1000302 at asterisk.gradwell.net>;q=0.00;expires=1003400082

A log of the session is at http://www.smithurst.org/ben/temp/forklog.txt

You can see I made the call at 14:01:47 which called the SIP phone
instantly, although Asterisk was not called for voicemail until
14:02:01, which then waited for 5 seconds before answering with
voicemail.  We want Asterisk called instantly so the user-specified
delay starts when the call is placed, not when SER decides to pass the
call to Asterisk.

Do you know of anyway to make SER ring both at the same time?

thanks
peter

p.s. if anyone knows of any commercial SER consultants (iptel seem
to be busy) that would be great.

   -- http://www.peter.me.uk/  -- http://www.voip.org.uk/ --