[Serusers] PHP version

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Wed May 19 14:42:14 CEST 2004

Jiri Kuthan writes:

 > I don't necessarily agree. FIFO is a way for applications without SIP
 > stack to access SER/SIP internals.

fifo is fine for accessing ser internals for administrative/monitoring
reasons by the operator of the proxy.  but is not practically possible
to let end users access the web server on (public) proxy host, which
thus prohibits the applicability of fifo for end user related tasks.  it
is a security and performance issue.

perhaps there could be a "fifo proxy" running on the proxy (or
registrar) host to which would communicate with fifo clients running on
the public web server hosts?

 > I don't think that building in
 > a communication stack in management applications, especially of RFC3261
 > complexity, has a good ratio effort/outcome. Registration restrictions
 > can be handled by the application.

in general, i agree with you, but what comes specifically to
registrations, it would seem to me that it would be easier to modify
serweb to use sipsak than it would be to modify serweb to do the checks.

-- juha