[Serusers] PHP version

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Wed May 19 13:56:46 CEST 2004

At 01:38 PM 5/19/2004, Juha Heinanen wrote:
>xirak at netscape.net writes:
>
> > I have noticed that the requirement for serweb is php 4.3 and
> > over. I'm using php 4.2.2 on a redhat 8 box. Has any got it working
> > on 4.2.2? or do I need to upgrade to 4.3?
>
>i noticed this too.  it would be ok to require 4.3 if serweb server
>would not need to run on the same host as the proxy, where i don't want
>to use unstable debian.
>
>my understanding is that serweb server needs fifo access and thus needs
>to run on the proxy host.  perhaps i'm wrong?

you are right.

>what comes to fifo access more generally, i don't think it is a good
>idea to use fifo to create registrations.  the reason is that fifo
>access will bypass allow_register check and may be also min/max
>registration time check.  perhaps serweb could be modified to use sipsak
>and real register requests instead?

I don't necessarily agree. FIFO is a way for applications without SIP
stack to access SER/SIP internals. I don't think that building in
a communication stack in management applications, especially of RFC3261
complexity, has a good ratio effort/outcome. Registration restrictions
can be handled by the application.

-jiri