[Serusers] 183 and no ringback tone

steve sgsubs at intechnology.co.uk
Tue May 11 12:16:48 CEST 2004

Hi,
On Cisco Gws any issues I have had I have been able to resolve by adding
progress_ind to the dial peers.

Below are examples from one of our GWs:

dial-peer voice 22 pots
 description *** Extensions beginning 22 ***
 application session
 destination-pattern 22..
 progress_ind setup enable 3
 progress_ind alert enable 8
 progress_ind progress enable 8
 direct-inward-dial
 port 1/0:15
 forward-digits all

dial-peer voice 34 voip
 description *** Extensions beginning 34 ***
 destination-pattern 34..
 progress_ind setup enable 3
 progress_ind alert enable 8
 progress_ind progress enable 8
 session target ipv4:10.96.2.130
 dtmf-relay h245-signal
 no call fallback

I think you can disable media cut through on Cisco devices, this would
change your 183 to 180 without a hack. 183 v 180 just means that RTP is
already being sent, AFAIK

Hope this helps....