[Serusers] 183 and no ringback tone

Andreas Granig a.granig at inode.at
Tue May 11 11:25:06 CEST 2004

Hi,

following situation: a local user sets a call forward to a PSTN number.
When someone from PSTN is calling this user, the call is routed back to
PSTN via the same or another gateway (doesn't matter). The problem is,
that the caller doesn't hear a ringback tone (because of the 183 this
should be generated out of the rtp stream, afaik).
The Gateways are Cisco 5300.

When I call this user from a Cisco ATA and get forwarded to PSTN via the
GW, I hear the ringback tone, so I think this might be a problem between
the Gateways!?

I've attached the full sip trace of the call. I think you'll also need
the RTP stream, but that isn't available, sorry. Btw, it doesn't help to
  force the rtp stream over the SER's machine with rtpproxy, same
problem here. ACLs on the Gateways are OK.

A hack would be to rewrite the 183 to 180, but I'd like to avoid such
*really ugly* hacks :o)

Does anyone know this problem?

Regards,
Andy