[Serusers] pdt module

Richard mypop3mail at yahoo.com
Sun May 9 12:30:51 CEST 2004

Hi,

I had a chance to try the pdt module. It works very
well. In pdt module in source code, there is a very
good README. Also under pdt/doc, there are several sql
and php scripts.

First create a database "pdt" and a table "domains".
Grant ser access to the database if you want. The
table domains has two columns "code" and "domain". For
example, a domain abc.com has e164 number range
2345xyz. It uses xyz for internal extension and sip
uri xyz at abc.com. You can manually add a record with
2345 as code and abc.com as domain. When a call comes
in via pstn gateway to 2345678 at 1.2.3.4. The function
prefix2domain translates it into 678 at abc.com.

What I don't understand is the terminator digit. It's
a digit used by all domains to end a code. For
example, if it is 5 and code is 234, prefix2domain
translate 2345678 to 678 by removing code and then
terminator. In North American, there is no terminator.
Is there a way to bypass it?

Another issue is that the function removes the code
from original number. The assumption is that the
domain owns the whole block. It is not always the
case. For example, company A may have 2345200-2345399
and company B have 2345400-2345599. So code 2345 is
possible to be mapped into two companies. We can't use
two records mapping 23452 and 23453 to company A
because it creates overlapped number. In another
example, a company has two number blocks,
2345200-2345299 and 6789200-6789299. Two records can
be defined in the database, map 23452 and 67892 to the
same domain. Same problem, the rest of numbers are in
an overlapped range.

The problem can be solved if we can define how many
digits are removed instead of removing all code
digits. In the first example, we can define code 23454
and 23455 map to A.com, but only remove the initial
four digits. So they rest of number are unique within
company A. In the second example, we only remove the
initial three digits, so 52xxx and 92xxx are still
unique within the company. If this new number don't
match the internal extension, we can always use alias
to change it.

This solution requires some change to the source code.

Thanks,
Richard