[Serusers] SerWeb authentication fails, my confusion over domain/realm referenced in archives

Karel Kozlik kozlik at kufr.cz
Fri May 7 11:39:18 CEST 2004

  Hello,
I readed thread of the steve problem, but this don't look like
incopatibility problem. It look like problem with php or configuration
of serweb, but it is strange that there isn't any error message.

Steve, the line with your domain name in your config.php should look
like this:

$this->realm=$this->domainname=$this->default_domain="labbox-b.noclan.lab";

Also be sure that domain field in table subscriber is
"labbox-b.noclan.lab" (without quotation marks).

And be sure that clear_text_pw=1 in config.php

If it doesn't solve the problem, you can try add this lines to the
index.php after line with page_open (array("sess" => "phplib_Session"));

echo "uname: ".$uname."<br>\n";
echo "passw: ".$passw."<br>\n";
echo "okey_x: ".$okey_x."<br>\n";

Now you can try login as admin/heslo. The page with login form should
contain 3 lines at the beginning:

uname: admin
passw: heslo
okey_x: <some integer diferent from zero>

If it doesn't let me know.

Karel